It's game day. The Badgers are looking to extend their 14-game non-conference and 7-game home opener winning streaks against the San Jose State Spartans. This is going to be a blow out.
- Tom Mulhern writes that the Badgers have so much talent this year that only two freshman played last week despite this being Bielema's most talented freshman class.
- In his game preview Mulhern writes that LB Mike Taylor is ready to go.
- The entire Madison.com sports staff pick the Badgers to dominate the Spartans.
- Mike Lucas goes inside the huddle with freshman DT Beau Allen who is looking forward to playing in his first game at Camp Randall.
- Don Davey, who is being inducted into the UW Athletic Hall of Fame, is also a the only 4-time Academic All-American in NCAA history.
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Among the five things to watch in the game preview is LB Mike Taylor, who is playing in his first game since tearing his ACL early last season.
- Jeff Potrykus has a profile piece on redshirt junior TE Rob Korslin, who has had to help out at home in addition to playing football and going to school after his dad passed away early last year.
- For the first time ever you can watch live coverage of the 5th Quarter on ESPN3.com.
- According to the Associated Press preview the Badgers are looking to avoid a comparison to #1 Alabama after playing San Jose Sate.
- In its game preview the San Jose Mercury News preview says the match-up to watch today is John Clay vs. the SJSU defense.
- The Mercury News writes that two true freshman are starting for the Spartans at linebacker and guard.
- At the Bleacher Report Brandon Harrison tells us what to watch for today while Kenn Hoekstra sees a 49-10 UW win with John Clay rushing for over 200 yards.
- After a couple paragraphs of needless ranting Michael Bleach at the Badger Herald writes that Josh Oglesby is the latest victim of what he calls the Five-Star Curse.
- The Appleton Post-Crescent has a brief game preview.
- According to the Examiner.com the key for the Badgers is to avoid injury.
Bo Ryan hired Akron assistant coach Lamont Paris to replace Howard Moore, who left the program to become the head coach at UIC. You can read more about the hire at Buckys5thQuarter, Madison.com, JSOnline.com, again at Madison.com, BadgerBlitz, and BadgerNation.