First we launched a successful campaign to get Jordan Taylor named as a Cousy Award Finalist- now Inside The Numbers and Badgerfans.com is launching the “Russell Wilson for QB in 2011” campaign.
Russell- if you’re reading this – the Badger fans would love to have you as our QB in 2011. What an opportunity it would be for you to finish your college career and position yourself for the NFL draft …by taking the reins of a team with all the pieces in place to make another BCS run.
Badger fans- here’s a look at what Russell Wilson has done over his career:
- 10th in the country last season in total offense per game at 308 yards per game…which ranks as a near tie with Cam Newton (309 ypg) and ahead of Colin Kaepernick, Kellen Moore, and Andrew Luck to name a few.
- In 2009, Wilson ranked 19th in total offense at 272 yards per game—ahead of Tim Tebow among others.
- Wilson has ran or passed for 93 TD’s in 36 career games- ranking him 3rd in the NCAA among active players.
- Wilson’s 76 TD passes in just 3 seasons rank him 3rd in ACC History behind only Phillip Rivers and Chris Weinke.
- Wilson has rushed for 1,083 yards in his career.
- Wilson has thrown for over 300 yards in a games 12 times in his career- including 8 times last season.
- Wilson has a career touchdown to interception ratio of 3.6 to 1.
- In 2009, Wilson set an NCAA record by attempting 379 consecutive passes without throwing an interception.
- Wilson also palyed baseball for NC State and was drafted by the Colorado Rockies with the 140th pick in the 2010 MLB draft.